Introducing Blue Marine Foundation

August 25, 2023

For the first time in two years, the Global Returns Project is pleased to announce a new addition to our Global Returns Portfolio of best-in-class climate charities. Blue Marine Foundation is the seventh constituent of our Portfolio as of 1 July 2023.

Blue Marine Foundation is dedicated to restoring the ocean to health by addressing one of the world’s biggest environmental problems—overfishing. Their mission is to see at least 30% of the world’s ocean under effective protection by 2030 and the other 70% managed in a responsible way.

One of the organisation’s recent successes has seen the Dogger Bank, off the UK’s west coast, gain stringent protections from overfishing. Blue Marine Foundation is actively collaborating with Europe-based non-profits and industry groups to extend those protections to areas of the Dogger Bank under the control of the European Union.

Clare Brook, Blue Marine’s CEO, said: “We at Blue Marine Foundation are very excited to be invited to partner with the Global Returns Project. GRP really understand the urgency of the nature and climate crisis, and that sense of urgency and need for bold, pragmatic solutions is something that drives Blue Marine’s work.”

You can support Blue Marine’s important work by becoming a donor to the Global Returns Portfolio. Standard donations to the Portfolio are split equally between the seven constituent charities, with no deductions. Get in touch if you’d like to support a more specific selection of charities within the Portfolio.